logo



Fish Fry | Meen Varuval

Fish Fry | Meen Varuval

Fish Fry Recipe Indian Style
I wanted to try making fish for long and now that has happen.  Prepared this simple and most easy fish fry recipe for DH and settle myself with aloo gobi sabzi.    This must be the most healthy version of fish fry compare to the deep fried version, of course we call this recipe fry which literally doesn’t translate to deep fry here! 
Indian Style Fish Fry Recipe
So coming back to our recipe I tried it hoping DH will like it and he did, though he wanted me to grill it in oven but he was happy with the end result of this recipe.  You can use any fish variety though personally I like to use mackerele or vanjiram meen. The bottom line is I am happy that I venture out with fish recipes and hope to continue doing so. 
Fish Fry Recipe
Ingredients: [Serves – 2]
Fish - 2 pieces/300gm ( I used Seer Fish/ King Mackerel/Vanjiram variety]
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp [ use less if you don’t like spicy]
Coriander Seeds Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp [divided]
Ginger-Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
Oil – For pan fry
Salt – to taste
Fish masala recipe shallow fry
Method:
1. Clean fish and wash 2-3 times in running water.  Mix 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and 1/2 salt and rub over fish, let it sit for 10-15 minutes and then wash fish again 2-3 times in running water; this is to remove fish smell.
2. In a wide bowl or plate mix  all spice powder, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, salt, add 1 tbsp water if required.    Coat masala on both side of fish nicely and let it marinate for 30 minutes or more.
3. Heat a pan or tawa, drizzle oil and pan fry fish until both side turns dark brown and fish is cooked.
Pan fry fish with indian spices recipe
Our fish fry is ready, serve with lemon wedges and onion for that extra kick.
Variations:
1. Instead of turmeric, red chilli and coriander powders you can use 1tsp sambar or curry powder.
2. You can also deep fry marinated fish instead of pan fry.
Have a nice day ~~
google.com, pub-8633747334629857, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

16 comments:

  1. wow so tempting fry dear,though i will not have fish but ur clicks makes me drool...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love fried fish, ur clicks make me wanna dig into that plate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fav anytime..looks spicy and yummy

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow.... so yummmmmmmmmy fish.. m drooling here.

    foodydelight.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. FRied fish with spicy Southern flavors is my favourite...I always make it with dal chawal as a side dish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy fish fry,makes me hungry..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum yum, super delicious fish fry,makes me hungry..

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is the one thing i crave most from my mom's kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks Delicious
    http://followfoodie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember eating hot fish fry straight away from the pan. My mom would insist that. Missing those days. Spicy fish fry dear.

    ReplyDelete
  11. luks perfectly done...never feels bore 2 eat...yummy.
    Maha

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am missing the fry! :(..just like my sis up above here.... I crave for this one from mom's kitchen!
    thanks for the first comment, girl! I always have the habit of waiting for the first comment after publishing a post and this always makes me feel spl! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I dont add corriander powder, instead try with pepper powder + saunf powder


    PIc is too good and come out crispy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Indian Khana. Stay Connected with
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest