logo



Vegetable Sandwich | Street Style

Vegetable Sandwich | Street Style

As most of you liked Murukku Sandwich recipe, I thought I should post this sandwich recipe too which is my all time favourite.  I simply love this sandwich for it’s simplicity.  This Vegetable sandwich goes a long way, on our every trip to Elephant Gate (also known as Sowarpet) in Chennai this is must along with fresh, yummy sugarcane juice.  And when I started studying there then it was regular for lunch, we group of friends will go and enjoy juice, chaat items or these sandwich and this used to cost us only Rs. 5 ahh those were the days. 
Vegetable Sandwich Recipe
This is one of most simple sandwich to make and taste so delicious, so far to whomever I have served this all have enjoyed and asked for more.  My nephew love this and he always asks me for second serving.  If you have unexpected guests then it’s a wonderful sandwich to greet them along with tea or coffee or you can have this as a quick breakfast or as evening snack to munch on guilt free.  You can use whole wheat bread or multi grain bread whatever you like.  It’s normally made with white bread. 
Street Style Sandwich Recipe

Ingredients: [Serves 2]
Bread Slices – 4
Onion – 1/2
Ripe Tomato – 1
Boiled Potato – 1 small
Cucumber – 1/2 or 8 pieces
Green Chutney/Sandwich Chutney – 2-3 tbsp
Tomato Ketchup – 2-3 tbsp
Butter – As needed to spread  [optional]
Vegetable Sandwich Recipe Street Food Recipe
Method:
1. Cut all the veggies in round shape. I like to separate few of onion circles so I can use less of onion as doesn’t like to have onion smell after eating.
Chopped Veggie for Sandwich
2. Trim bread edges and spread butter (if using) on two slice.  Apply green chutney or sandwich chutney on top of butter and in another two slice spread tomato sauce/ketchup. [ I didn’t use butter]
Vegetable Sandwich Recipe1
3. Arrange the veggies as you like on the slice we have applied chutney.  I normally first keep cucumber pieces, followed by tomato, onion and potato, cover it up with another slice of bread.
Try to keep tomato slice in middle so that it doesn’t makes the bread soggy.
Vegetable Sandwich Recipe2
Cut in desire shape and enjoy these yummy beauties.  You can arrange the sandwich and make it as toast but I personally don’t like that as the veggie becomes little soggy while we toast. Or you can toast the bread and then arrange the sandwich too then I find the bread becomes chewy Smile  so I just do this way using white or brown bread.
Sandwich Recipe Veggie Sandwich Recipe
Serve with tea/coffee, juice or anything of your choice.  This can be a quick snack or breakfast if you have chutney ready, I normally keep my green chutney in fridge which lasts me more than a week. 
Arrange the sandwich just before eating or the bread might become soggy due to chutney and veggie.  And this goes to Archana’s Fast Food Not Fat Food, a event started by Priya
Sandwich Recipe
Have a nice day ~~
google.com, pub-8633747334629857, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

42 comments:

  1. Lovely & delicious sandwiches ... Wonderful clicks .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healthy and yummy breakfast,love that u have included lot of veggies...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never tried with aloo so far,will try that next time..Yummy it looks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious looking sandwich...lovely colors and healthy too..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! Love this sandwich, so colourful and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ven't seen aloo in sandw. looks good at tea time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandwich are my fab all time. Nice and filling one

    ReplyDelete
  8. Healthy n yummy sandwich perfect for breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love this sandwich and last weekend only i also did this sandwich with watever veggies u've mentioned.I think chennai is the best place for these kind of things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. one of my fav breakfast..healthy n easy one..looks nice

    ReplyDelete
  11. Healthy one...looks colorful and yummy. Nice presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thats soo delicious and guilt free sandwich..

    ReplyDelete
  13. healthy n colourful sandwich!! nice presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like this so much, my saviour for a simple meal for night, love that veg inside.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely delicious :) I have always loved these on the road sides. One dish that I wouldn't miss when I go to parrys corner.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simplest & tastiest sandwich!!!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  17. he he he u have revived my nostalgic memories of my college days when we used to hang out and have these sandwiches on the road where the hawker used to visit regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Feeling hungry just looking at the beautiful sandwich.....gone back to school days. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  19. very filling for evening tea too, perfect for parties as well right?

    http://ruchikacooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. An all time fav ~ something I can on regular basis :D
    USMasala

    ReplyDelete
  21. thats our family fav sandwich, looks so yummy, nice one dear..

    ReplyDelete
  22. that looks amazing and the chutney looks so tasty

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks so colourful. Reminds me of our flag. Love it absolutely.

    Cheers,
    Uma

    ReplyDelete
  24. Healthy and colorful sandwich. Can have them anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The sandwich looks very appetizing and scrumptious! Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Tasty and filling!


    http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Delicious & yummy sandwich, looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So delicious that my tummy is growling. I ahve not had my evening snack because I was bored to make anything. Yeah fate thou so cruel!!
    I am hosting Fast Food not Fat Foot event. Do check out my event and send me your entries.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi...tried this yesterday morning for breakfast. Came out really delicious. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  30. yummm... yumm... You've given me ideas to kiddie tiffin boxes.. I forgot about this simple recipe.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Tea and those sandwiches - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  32. your name got me! street style - so true! and so easy to make!

    my food blog - http://www.crumpledchillies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Indian Khana. Stay Connected with
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest